Monday 14 May 2012

Hello everybody-just thought I would tell you about the workshop last weekend with Heather Gatt doing some batik dying.

The day went really well,we started just doing some doodles on a piece of framed up cotton. Using a variety of tools to make marks,then we painted on some dye and different colours.

Our next go was doing a design,I used the kitchen paper on the table as my inspiration-it had seed heads and leaves on.This time we painted the fabric first then drew on our design then dyed,then more waxed design and continued to build up the picture.

My third attempt was a design of leaves,in shades of purple.

I was really pleased with all three pieces.The only downside was I forgot my rubber gloves so had to go home with purple hands!!! But by monday morning they were back to normal.

See you all in June.Pauline. (treasurer)

No comments:

Post a Comment